[pchelpers] Re: New Threat

  • From: "Billyus Eximius" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:10:41 -0000

I was interested in what was said about the new threat and how the
journalist explained it as being false. At the weekend I wrote as you will
remember, about the Trojan that I had to disable AVG to get rid of. Well my
AVG kept telling me that I had two other virus' too, and they where Sun
Java........I can't remember what exactly they were, but I simply deleted
the folder they were contained in and nothing adverse has happened, I
reasoned if they were needed, I'd simply install Firefox again, but no,
everything works fine.
I know that I never had Java script enabled with IE and from time to time
I'd get a warning that some things couldn't be viewed because of this, but
everything always worked ok except when I wanted to play an online scrabble
game with a friend in the states, and I was told I could as I didn't have
the necessary Java script to play........big deal, so I don't get to play
scrabble, but at least my AVG doesn't tell me I have a virus.  Maybe a
Luddite attitude, but I try to use only the things I really need, and it
seems I don't need Java.

Billy.....................ps, explain it to me and correct me if I'm wrong,
because I've never really understood Java etc but I appear to get along
without it OK