[pchelpers] Re: Need help in transferring email saved messages

  • From: Re-Na Hanson <rena.hanson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 22:48:10 -0500

Hello,

(Technically, those emails you want to save could sit right where they
are in your outlook express.  At least that is how it is on my
computers.  I have an old laptop I am not using but if i was to log on
using it, emails from years ago are still in my outlook express folders
At least they were the last time I checked!)

You can continue using Outlook Express and have your gmail accounts go
to your outlook express <and even stay on the gmail servers as a back up
since gmail provides so much storage>.

To do so, you would log into your  gmail account.  At the top click on
'settings'.  Then 'forwarding and pop/imap'.
You will see some settings to checkmark.  If you need me to I can send
you a screen shot of what mine looks like.
Anyway, you will see there to also 'configure your outlook express'.
You will have to do that step for it to work.

It's nice not having to log in to gmail to check mail and to be able to
check several accounts at once.  That is what I do.
I don't use outlook express anymore.  I did this same process only had
it to go to my Thunderbird email.
You can also create different folders in Thunderbird and have your mail
sorted to those folders.

Say you have more than one gmail account, which I do.  Not a problem.
Have them all go to Thunderbird if you want.  I have some of mine route
to Thunderbird, some I don't.  For example, if I sign up to something to
get a free coupon or something, I use one of the email addresses that
are 'disposable' ones, meaning not my good one for friends and lists.
That way if I get a lot of spam from companies, I don't have to worry
about it.  I seldom even check that account on gmail.  I just use that
gmail address when I need it only.  And  don't have it going also to
Thunderbird.  Does that make any sense to you?

(I am sending this with a gmail address straight from Thunderbird email.)

Re-Na