[pchelpers] Re: Install Thunderbird on UBUNTU??

  • From: Susan <starquest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:28:39 -0700

I've had that happen to me a few times in Ubuntu, not Thunderbird mind
you but with other programs.  I found that rebooting sometimes made it
appear in the Menu.  If that doesn't work, you may want to right-click
on the word "Applications" and select "Edit Menus."  Sometimes the
program you installed is in there but hidden.  For whatever reason
Ubuntu sometimes un-selects a program so that it doesn't appear in the
Menu.  Simply click on it to make it reappear.

Failing that, it could be Thunderbird somehow became corrupted.  You
could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from Synaptic Package Manager.

Susan