[pchelpers] Re: I run Spybot and get this:

  • From: "DonBieber@xxxxxxxxxx" <DonBieber@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:51:23 -0400

Yes it does, very much so.

Actually, I do have the Sygate Firewall running and XP repeated says I
don't have a firewall, so I go to the box that I can check the place to
say that I have a firewall running and I'll monitor it myself.

Then a day later, the box will pop up and say that I don't have a
firewall running. Even if I let the XP firewall run at the same time as
Sygate, in a day or two a box will pop up saying that I don't have a
firewall running.

Well, I've changed the registry setting from 0 to a 1 now, I'll see if
it lets me alone for a while.

Isn't it interesting how we talk about the computer sometimes as if it's
a living creature, even though we know it's nothing but ones and zeros.

John Durham wrote:

>If I read Scott's reply correctly, the system is reminding you of the
>threat posed by  not having a firewall operating. Doesn't that make
>sense to you?
>
>DonBieber@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>>I am deleting it "only" because Spybot is finding it and labeling it a
>>security threat. If it isn't, I'm sure there is a way in the advanced
>>mode to not have Spybot "find" it all the time on my machine.
>>

>>>Why are you deleting it? Do you think there's something wrong with it?
>>>A value of 0 means that the security center pesters you if the
>>>firewall is turned off. You may want this set to 1 if security center
>>>does not recognize the firewall that you use.
>>>
>>>---
>>>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>>>Virus Database (VPS): 0530-3, 07/29/2005
>>>Tested on: 7/30/2005 12:38:55 AM
>>>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-3, 07/29/2005
Tested on: 7/30/2005 9:51:24 AM