[pchelpers] Re: Bad Packets: Quoth the maven: 'Nevermore'

  • From: "Jackie MacWhirter" <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:32:43 -0800

Hi:

 I think it sheer neglect-- money hungry eyes--- pushing out products not
nearly  ready on the consumers, and promising  its the best yet charging a
big buck.    I think  because of the big push they are not seeing the bigger
issues of quality-- instead they push for quantity promising the public
higher profiled  programs that are incomplete or  fine tuned. The  beta
testers are not given enough time to address all the issues  or find out
about the loopholes  or if they are--Microsoft is  not listening neglecting
to implement their  suggestions to eliminate the problems.  Its a money
issue-- when they first started with the windows 95 they never addressed the
issues back there and they certainly did not address them in the later
windows.  In order to market their programs they are spend billions on  huge
flashing ,glittering  advertising  campaigns  with a lot of empty promises.
For one example they sold a bill of goods about how secure windows XP is--
all of a sudden we are flooded with patches upon patches and more patches
it shows its structure is weak from the beginning .... If that was a boat--
I sure wouldn't go in it for a ride would you? Its a good thing its not a
boat I don't feel like getting wet<G> Windows XP Pro costs here in Canada
quite abit--its about $500.00 for a full version the Windows XP home edition
is around  $300.  I bought  Windows 2000 Pro for $457 over a year ago  its
still being patched up .  I am looking at prices here in the Future Shop,
usually they are cheaper than Staples.  In the US its not exactly cheap
either.  The only way to get a better product from Microsoft is either hold
off from buying their latest products or bombard them with emails or  by the
media...    When they see its going to hit their pocket books just maybe
they might smarten up. My 2 ¢  --- Jackie