[pchelpers] Re: Are you annoyed by "Nigeria scams"?

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:04:29 +0300

Hi John

> Over the last few days I have received some of 'those emails', claiming
> to involve large bequests or similar funds. By this time I was getting
> tired of seeing them. It was time to up the ante, so I did an internet
> search for the company and the sender named. After a few minutes the
> search engine found the company web site.
>
> I used their feedback form to inquire after the 'name of the sender. Not
> surprisingly, the woman named didn't work there at all. Case closed!
>
> So if you need a way to expose these fraudsters and avoid loss, why not
> take time to check up on the sender before getting involved in the
> nebulous world of funny money created by 'bistro math' by those who want
> YOUR money?

I see no reason whatsoever why one should waste time looking up details
on any kind of proposal that looks too good to be true. This is
especially true about email from unknown senders. Anything that looks
too good to be true is a scam, and nobody would trust it if it were
being hawked in the street.