[pchelpers] Re: Alternate Browser Firebird

  • From: "John Bird" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:13:35 +1300

Couple of points about Firebird

-There are two flavours - Mozilla browser which is basically the same as =
the
later versions of Netscape, and includes all of the addons such as mail
programs etc - quite large,  and Mozilla-firebird which is a browser =
only,
compact and the one that a lot of people really like.  It is currently =
at
version 0.7, not even version 1.0 yet, but is already very good abd =
stable.
-I am a fan of it as it is relatively small compared to IE and Mozilla.
Probably an Opera killer.
-No install required - just unzip the download file into a folder and =
run
the file MozillaFirebird.exe
-It runs on Windows 95 up to XP - for older computers getting a newer
version of IE to run can be difficult.  It runs fine on m old Windows 95
computer which has only 32MB Ram(if a little slowly at times)
-Does all of the standard things and downloads, secure sites (banking =
etc)
no problem.
-Prevents advertising pop-up windows.

John Bird