[patriots] Re: Today is #endFGM day

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lynne Featherstone <internalcomms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:23:12 +0000

If the Lib Dems really want to stop this ask a question in the house if Health
Visitors, Social Workers and doctors report this FGM. They should do but they
don't. Show this to Lynne Featherstone.

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:52:31 +0000
From: internalcomms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Today is #endFGM day

       Hi john,

Today is an important day in the fight to end FGM.
The UN has set aside today as the International Day of Zero Tolerance
for Female Genital Mutilation. It’s a chance for victims, activists
and governments to raise awareness of the practice and reflect on the
best ways to stop it from happening.

Tremendous progress has been made in the fight against FGM
but there are still more than 100 million women and girls at risk of
being cut each year. It’s going to take a lot of work by victims,
communities, activists and governments to end the practice - but with
your support FGM can be ended within a generation.

You and 26,000 other people have joined our campaign to end
FGM. The taboo has been broken but with your support we can reach more
people. Will you share the campaign to end FGM on Facebook or
Twitter?

Share
on Facebook

Share
on Twitter
Thank you for your support so far.

Best,

Lynne

Lynne Featherstone
Liberal Democrat MP

This email was sent to johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx.

Change your email settings
or unsubscribe.

Published and promoted by Tim Gordon on behalf of the Liberal Democrats,
8-10 Great George St, London, England SW1P 3AE, United Kingdom