[pasteurstation] Engineer Engineering

  • From: Emma Darrow <emmadarrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasteurstation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

Snip:
"Bridge to engineering," Rayne said, tapping the comm
switch on his command chair.  "Ensign Darrow?  Status
on those modifications?"

On:
Emma sat up so fast she banged her head on the console
she was fine-tuning. How long, she wondered, would she
respond to comm-calls by jumping like an untried
cadet? She'd been an ensign for how long now? And an
engineer for longer than that. Why did she keep acting
surprised when someone asked her something?

She sighed, knowing there was no answer to that
particular question. Tapping her commbadge she
answered, "Darrow to Bridge. Captain, the
modifications are finished. I was... tweaking just a
little before I ran a quick test. I will be done in.."
she consulted her chrono, "two and one half minutes,
sir." She couldn't help but ask, in a rather meeker
voice than she wanted, "Is that ok, sir?"

Ensign Emma Darrow
Engineer
Pasteur Station (On the Dauntless)

Be a better friend, newshound, and