[pasteurstation] "A Visit To the Infirmary" JL Fyrstk/Ane

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasteurstation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:21:04 -0400

OFF
This log was done jointly with Dr. Terra Ane, the station's chief medical officer.

ON

    THe doors to the infirmary slid open.  Two seven-year-old boys enterd. led by their nine-year old sister.
    "Ah don't need to go to th' doctor," Ronov Fyrstk complained.
    "You have a nasty bruise over your right eye," Luna, the seven-year-old's older sister quipped, "And you're going to have Aunt Terra look at it."
    "She's gonna yell at me again," Ronov complained.
    "Well if you did not do stupid things like getting in fights," Rohan, Ronov's identical twin commented, "Then you would not get yelled at."
    Luna stopped the boys, and waited until a nurse approached them.  Nurse Katie Hendricks walked over.
    "Can I help you?" the nurse asked politely.  She looked at the young boy's bruise.
    "No," Ronov quickly answered. "we don't..."
    "Yes," Luna interrupted. "Could we please see Dr. Ane?"

    Dr. Terra Ane Was in her office doing the never ending paperwork.  She took a quick break and walked over to the food slot.  "Iced tea" she asked the computer, not really paying any attention to anything else around her.
    Terra heard some familiar voices, from out in the medical ward and turned, peeking out the door of her office.   "Well, to what do I owe this pleasure...." She then spotted Ronnie's face.  "What happened?"  her voice firm, but not yelling.
    "He got in a fight," Rohan quickly answered.
    "Ah was defendin' you," Ronov complained to his brother.
    Dr. Ane walked over to the trio, and took Ronnie's chin in one hand. "And you forgot to duck?" she teased.  Terra slipped the scanner out of her pocket and started to run it over Ronov's face as she listened to the kids.  "And what was the fight about?  Why did you think you had to defend Rohan?"
    "Stupid Orendi kept callin' Roe a dumb Romulan," Ronov replied.
    "And?" Terra prompted, While she picked Ronov up and carried him to a biobed where there was an instrument tray to actually heal the injury.  She started to run a regenerator over the bruised eye.
    "And Ah fahnnally made him shut up," Ronov answered.
    "And you know fighting solves nothing, correct?"  Terra softly lectured.  "There, how's that feel?"
    "But he's almost six inches bigger than you, Ronnie," Luna complained.  "He's in my grade, and he punched you in the eye that had been injured before."
    "If feels good," Ronov told Terra, referring to the injury.  "But he's a bully and always pickin' on Roe.  If he ain't callin' him a brain, he's callin ahim a stupid Romulan."
    "it does not bother me," Rohan said, matter of factly.
    "Nothing Aunt Terra can't fix, this time.  But who is this kid?  Maybe I should have a talk with him, or his parents."  Terra offered.
    "He is just a stupid bully, Aunt Terra," Luna said.  "He likes to pick on the smaller kids.  I was actually surprised. Ronnie put him on the deck."
    "Ah sure did,' Ronov boasted.
    "But still that didn't solve anything," the doctor inquired. "did it?  Next time, you might not be so lucky.  Does your father know about this?"
    "No," Ronov said very quietly.
    "I think the principal is going to call him," Luna chimed in.  "He didn't like either of the boys fighting."
    "Honey, I'm glad you were not seriously hurt, but you can't fight kids bigger than you.  Or anyone for that matter.  You come and talk to me, or your father, and we will take care of it.  OK?"  She gave him a hug.  "What if you had been seriously hurt?" she asked him
    "But.. Ah ain't no baby, Aunt Terra," Ronov complained. "Ah'm gonna be eight this month, an'..."
    "We will remember, Aunt Terra," Luan again interrupted.  Ronov immediatelyshot her an angry glare.
    "I never said you were a baby, Ronnie." Terra assured the twin, "But I don't want any of you hurt if it can be avoided."  She smiled at each of them in turn.  "I promised your mother that I would look after you guys as if you were my own kids.  Now I know you will get into arguements and scrapes, but I can still try to keep you guys safe.  But I know that sometimes an adult can solve things without punching and hitting. Understand?"
    "Yes, ma'am," Ronov said with a sigh of resignation.
    "I am betting he will not bother me anymore," Rohan pointed out.  "He started crying when Ronnie knocked him to the ground."
    "OK.  I'm not going to tell Dad," Terra told Ronnie.  "I will leave that to you. But I want a promise.  You will stop to think before you get into another fight.  Understand?... And, I want you to apologize for hitting him."
    The twin gasped, and opened his mouth to complain.  Terra raised her finger in that way April used to, and the complaint was squelched.
    "But sometahmes ya don't have tahme ta think, Aunt Terra," Ronov protested.  "Ya justr gotta go for it."
    "No," Terra corrected.  "You think it through first, Ronnie."
    Again, the sigh came out.  "Yes, ma'am."  Luna stifled a "I told you so" giggle.
    The doors to the infirmary again slid open.  Commodore Lukas Fyrstk strolled through them.  His look of surprise indicated he wasn't expecting to see his kids in here.
    Terra turned to Luna, "Now Luna, the boys will learn.  They are still young.  Even though they are going to be young men of 8, they still have some growing up to do."  She smiled at her young niece.  "They're going to be typical boys."
    "And that's all boys know how to do," Luna added. "Punch and fight."
    "I was not fighting," Rohan said.  He was looking at a PADD in his hands.
    Terra turned at the sound of the doors opening, and smiled at Lukas.  "Well hello there. To what do we owe the pleasure".  She helped Ronnie off the biobed.
    "Is everything okay," Lukas asked, coming over to them. He looked at Terra first, then Ronov who had just been helped off the bio-bed.
    "Yep, fit as a fiddle,"  Terra assured him
    "Ronnie got in a fightt," Rohan answered, not taking his eyes off the PADD.  Ronov just gasped at his brother's squealing.
    Terra stood quietly, not saying a word.
    "Another fahght, Ronov Fyrstk?" Lukas demanded.
    "Yes, sir," Ronov replied, keeping his head down, and only lifting his eyes to look at his father.
    "It was Orendi, Father," Luna interjected.  "He was on his usual rant, and picking on Roe. Ronnie felt the need to ... stop him."
    Lukas looked to Terra. It was clear he was fighting back a smile.  "Son? What have Ah told you about fahghting?"
    "Only if it is in self-defense, sir." Ronov answered quietly.
    Terra gave him an encouraging smile.  "Boys will be boys?" she asked Lukas.
    "Boys will be boys," Lukas confirmed, putting his hand on his seven-year-old son's head.  "Was it serious enough thathe had to be brought here?"
    "Nope," Terra informed him.  "Minor bruise.  Quick fix. Free to go."
    "Thank you, Doctor," Lukas said to Terra.  "Ah was originally coming down here to give you this information." He handed her a PADD.  "The Kunsanjel are sending a delegation for a look at the wormholes," Lukas told her.  "Ah know there's not a lot in our databases on them, and Ah wanted you prepaared."
    "The Kusanjel?" Rohan suddely spoke up, his eyes bright. "Really, father?"
    Terra took the PADD and glanced at it.  "Thank you. I will review whatever I can find, and see if we can augment our information as soon as they arrive."  Terra looked at Rohan.  "And what do you know about the kusanjel, Rohan?"  She was all for encouraging education in whatever form.
    "They very rarely leave their world," Rohan started. Ronov rolled his eyes and gave Terra a "Did you have to get him started?" look. "They also live in a methane atmosphere, so it will be interesting to see how they compensate for that."
    "Hey, I have an idea.  I want you three to come up with some ideas on how we can get some more bio information on our guests, without them knowing we are gathering the information.  And if you can give me a few good ideas, I will reward your ideas.  Together, we will come up with a special reward. "  Terra asked.
"That sounds lahke a real good project," Lukas said to his children.  "What do ya say to Aunt Terra?"
    "THank you, Aunt Terra," all three kids said at once.  They wren't quite in unison, but it brought a smile to the station's chief medical officer, nonetheless.

OFF