[passtartoursgroup] Re: Summer solstice at bookmans

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>, Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:16:41 -0700

Set up is 1pm, however, if you don't want to arrive that early, i'd say
arrive no later than 1:45, as long as you can be totally set up by 2pm for
the first viewer to be able to look through your scope at the sun. I'm only
moving the set up time to closer to start time because i want to be sure we
don't roast out there too long. If you can set up in 15 minutes, arrive
1:45.
However, i will only hold closer to the set up location parking spot up to
1:10pm. After that, i will be doing my own set up and parking will be up to
those arriving, rather than those of us standing in parking spots closer to
the set up location, for those arriving with scopes to set up.

For those of you who haven't been there before....

If you arrive at bookmans within 10 minutes of the set up time, in this
case that would be 1pm,
and you have a scope to set up, Rodney, William, and I stand in the way of
cars getting into the parking spots closest to the scope set up location,
or even the front of the store... So, if you arrive by 1:10pm, I will have
a space held for you, if one becomes available.

If you arrive after 1:10pm, it is up to you to find your own space to park
and you might get lucky, or you might be way down the parking lot, away
from where we are setting up.

Just something to think about.

So, let me know if you want me to hold a parking spot and be sure you are
there by 1:10pm. I'm not waiting longer than that, becuase i, too, have to
get set up and sometimes it takes me 20+ minutes to set up for this event.
I have to wait on the tables to come outside, and chairs, etc.

BYO chairs. BYO tables, in case we don't get tables handed to us.
ByO drinks. And no one leaves the area and their scope unattended without
informing someone else they are taking off to get cooled off in Bookmans,
or they are headed to to the bathroom. Be sure your equipment is being
watched by someone you trust.
Sam, you can take breaks in Bookmans if needed. But be sure your stuff is
being watched while you are gone.

Everyone have a safe, fun day, today, and keep cool. Store up a bunch of
liquids in your body for Saturday. We will all need it.

I am not sure if we are doing dinner after Solar Day, together or not, but
if you want to, let me know so i can get it arranged. Where do you want to
go? Carlos O Briens?

The Philly place right there at Bookmans is very good food. Don't order
their fries. But the Philly cheese stakes are great.

Terri

PS I do need to know you are attending, so do your RSVP right now.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1653&day=2015-6-20

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does that mean a call time of 1pm?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Event is 2pm to 4pm, see you there.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike should be attending the event this Saturday, and bringing 2
canopies for us to hide under. Yes, we do need them. Too hot not to have
them.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 6:27 AM, <insanas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Terri, we need the canopy's. Is someone going to bring them so we can
use them for protection? Sam

From: Terri < starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/16/2015 4:45 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: insanas < insanas@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [passtartoursgroup] Luminaria update

May i add this input to the forums so others can see it, too?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:11 PM, insanas <insanas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Terri, I showed Frank your photos. He is very familiar with the
areas since he was in charge of the wildflower trail for 2 years. He
feels
there will be spaces for the scopes and presenters but because of the
cactus, trees and flowers each scope will have restricted views in
certain
directions. This area is usually dark so it should be OK to show the
night
sky. Also there will be large distances between scopes so the runner can
help with communications. Take care, Sam