[passtartoursgroup] Re: Pink Eye alert from DBG

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:25:11 -0700

I informed Susan, the public does not touch our telescopes.

But the scopes mounted up there on the lookout, everyone was using.

Our Telescopes are NOT FOR USE, they are to view through by our hands only.

And no, i'm not wiping down my telesocpe, possibly putting liquid that is
incorrect on my multi coated optic eyepiece for which the liquid may
destroy the optics, just because one mom can't keep her kids hands off
something that isn't theirs to be touching. : )

I agree with Kevin and Eric.
Thanks for the input. I just wanted to inform you that we might want to
wipe our own eyepieces down, in the comfort of our homes, now, in case the
germ is on the eyepiece... for our own safety. But for the public, let them
pass it around if they are dumb enough to be touching our telescopes when
we ask them not to.

If we do this again next year, i want to post signs all around up on the
hill that says PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH OUR TELESCOPES.

Have a super day, I'm out of my email for the day, gotta go teach and then
go to DBg.

Have a great day, everyone!
Terri

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Good morning, Marcia,
> >
> > I just had a guest call to inform me her four year old has
> conjunctivitis this morning and used all of the telescopes provided by the
> Phoenix Astronomical Society at lumi last night.  She wants to make sure
> that all the telescopes are wiped down between guests so nothing is passed
> on to the next guest using the telescopes.
> >
> > Cindy
> > Guest Services
>
> --
> Good friends are like stars. You don't always
> see them, but you always know they are there.
> Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
> Coordinator
> Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety> Page & My Facebook