[passtartoursgroup] Re: Oct 17 plans at Mary's party

  • From: Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, starstuff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 05:28:32 +0000

The whole idea I imagine is the fantasy of it all so we are unlikely to
match them with actual cataloged stars. The Milky Way Galaxy alone has
enough stars to assign multiple unique stars to every person who has ever
lived on the Earth.
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:06 PM Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Terri, I checked in Sky Safari Pro.

GCS 4469-1035, a magnitude 14 star was the closest match I could find to
the first one.

TYC 4468-0295-1, a magnitude 10 star was a close match to the second one.

The company could have selected any coordinates in space and there is
bound to be a star out there somewhere if you go far enough. :)

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 8:37 PM Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To me from Mark:

Hi Terri,

So I ordered the star name package and it’s really cool! Got two nice
framed certs and a star chart showing where we are in the sky. The chart is
too big to copy and send to you, so I’ve scanned the cards with the
coordinates – you’ll find them in the attached PDF. Please let me know if
this is what you need to locate the stars.

So what I’d like to do (with your help) is at some point during the
evening have one of your team’s telescopes (hopefully located in a quiet
corner out of the way) aimed at the two stars. I’d then like to walk Mary
over to it and just have her look at the stars – then I’d tell her what
she’s looking at. I’d really like this to be a private moment for her and
I, and not make a big deal about it to the rest of the guests. I’m sure
that Mary will likely want to share it with everyone once she knows, but I
want to leave that decision up to her.

So there you go. BTW, I don’t know if she’s told you but I did propose to
her over in Hawaii and it was perfect! So this might turn in to a bit on an
engagement party too! ;)

Thanks again for all your help with this – looking forward to meeting you
on the 17th!

Mark

--

Kevin, I'm fine with finding 2 stars in Cepheus, close to each other, and
showing those, in place of these. He might be able to share the star chart

Terri

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page