[passtartoursgroup] Dec 13 Saturday Luminaria Telescope Team & Presenters

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Finch <events@xxxxxxxxx>, Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:27:03 -0700

Dec 13 Saturday Luminaria Telescope Team & Presenters

I haven't received any weather updates for Saturday yet, so watch the
weather and your email to see if we are doing this event or not.

We have the following Telescope Team members attending this event.

I will not be there.

Bruce 12" - Bruce will collect the check from Susan
Howard 8"
Eric ? - size matters - which one are you bringing?
Kevin 8"
and Kevin - if it is cloudy enough to add a presenter

I'm going to have Bruce be the RSVP for the night.
So, if you need anything, he will have Susan's number to call or text her
for the carts to arrive.

Remember, we meet at 4pm a the Bus Loading Zone.
See the map I put in the forums if you are not sure where to go for pick up.
The carts start showing up about *4pm* to 4:15, so try to be on time. Fit
as much into 1 cart as your can, unless you want to leave the back seat
down and just put your stuff and 1 scope goes up per cart. The choice will
be yours.

Remember to *PRINT YOUR PARKING PASS*. Put it in the front window of your
vehicle, and show it to the guards as you get to DBG and try to get to the
parking lot. You are parking in the East Lot, like the parking says.
MIKE, EAST LOT, please.

And we might have Bob Senzer joining you on this night for bathroom breaks.
I will confirm this with Bob by Thursday.

What *Bob* is going to do is arrive with the telescope team to get a lift
up the hill.
Then, on the half hour, he is supposed to walk around to each scope, and
see if you need a bathroom break.
So, the event starts at 5:30,
he is checking in with everyone
at 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30.
After 8:30, Bob can leave or wait until we are dong packing up and get a
ride back down the hill.
The bathrooms are at the bottom of the hill from the Overlook area. If you
take a break, make it short as Bob won't be doing much with your scope
while you are gone.

*Bob*, all we need you to do is stand by the scope, repeat "do not touch
the telescope" and "the Operator of this scope will be back in just a
moment." You don't need to do anything with the scope.
However, if you help someone who has tracking, stand by their scope for a
minute or two, and figure out what they are saying about the scope so you
can repeat it while they are gone to the bathroom.

If you plan to take a longer break than just 15 minutes to run to the
bathroom, please inform Bob how long you will be.

*Eric,* let me know which scope you wish to bring on Saturday, since you
were unsure of what to do for your scopes, last time I emailed you.

Everyone have a successful event. I will miss being there, but i can't be
at all events. I"m exhausted from last weekend. They are fun, but
exhausting.

Terri, Event Coordinator

Please reply to all when you write back, if you are changing anything, or
if you have a question that all of the group needs to know about.

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page:  <http://betterfly.com/pro/musicbyterri>Private Music
Instructor <http://betterfly.com/pro/musicbyterri> & Music Facebook