[pasmembers] Re: weather for Thurs, Fri and Sat

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:01:56 -0700

Accuweather is saying 70% cloud cover @7 decreasing to 45% after 8. Skippy sky is still saying that Thursday is completely socked in. We will probably cancel it.

Friday might be doable...accuweather is saying 26% cloud cover, and Skippy sky is saying clearing Friday to the north with Phoenix right on the cusp...just the opposite of last Saturday...but the results look very similar.

Saturday is probably going to be good...especially for a meteor shower. Accuweather is saying 20% at 6 and clearing to 1% by 9. Skippy sky is saying about the same thing...with anoither storm cell coming thru Sunday.

Don

On 11/14/2012 3:01 PM, Bob Christ wrote:
Thursday night looks like a 101% no-go - kill it.

On Nov 14, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Terri wrote:

Check this out...

Thurs is supposed to be total clouds.
Fri is supposed to be clearing
but now we have Sat with cloud cover.

I know, Weather Underground isn't
that accurate, but it does give me an idea
of what to expect, sometimes.

Thursday

Partly cloudy. High of 79F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Thursday Night

Partly cloudy. Low of 50F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Friday

Partly cloudy. High of 79F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Friday Night

Clear in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 50F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Saturday

Overcast. High of 77F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Saturday Night

Overcast in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 54F. Winds less than 5 mph.

The hourly report for Thur, Fri and Sat says:

Thurs 62% cloud cover and 1mph winds

Friday 30% cloud cover and 4mph winds

Sat 100% cloud cover and 1mph winds

Where did this saturday stuff come from?

I have to go teach now, but keep those weather reports
coming in. I'll take a look at them when i get home around
10pm tonight.

Everyone have a super Wednesday!
Terri
*//*Good friends are like stars. You don't always
Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Coordinator Visit the P.A.S. Blog <http://pasaz-digest.blogspot.com/> & My Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/people/Terri-Finch/1021922600> Page Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor <http://betterfly.com/profile.php?user=MusicByTerri-2>