[pasmembers] Re: Weather Watchers needed for this week's events - week of Jan 7

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:09:50 -0800 (PST)

Tim,

The reason I mention PAS Members Only on the Antenna's site is
you don't want people, who don't know the rules of Star Party Etiquette
showing up at Antenna's, blasting the other visitors such as SAC and EVAC
with white light and then saying they are from PAS. I want to make it clear
that it is NO Friends allowed. Only serious viewers and only PAS Members
who have been discussing the star party etiquette with Eric or Sam, as they
are the RSVP's for this location's events.
You know this etiquette stuff, but some of our members do not. And one got mad
at me, after he did a bookmans telescope workshop with us, he asked about
goingto the Antenna's site and i told him it is for serious viewing only and
you need to be sure you can come and go without any lights on or in your
vehicle, or stay from sundown to sun up because people will be doing photography
there. He got so mad at me, said that was bull and decided not to join PAS
because
of it. I was only informing him of the etiquette needed to attend that event.

I don't want PAS members going down there, ruining it for other members by
messing up SAC and EVAC's enjoyment of the place. I don't' want PAS to
havea bad name because of some uninformed members that might be in our club.

I hope you are having a super day! It's a nice day to do something productive.
I just had lunch and now i have to jump through the shower for a long
night of teaching. Take care. Keep warm and healthy.

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook Page
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor