[pasmembers] Re: Want to go to the Sun?

  • From: Leah S <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:32:18 -0700

there is a joke about an American, Russian, and French astronomers who were discussing space probes.

the American astronomer said, "we are sending space probes to Mars!"  the Russian astronomer said, "we are sending space probes to Venus!"  and the French astronomer said, "and we will send one to the Sun!"

the Russian and American looked at him and said, "but it will burn up!"  and he replied, "don't worry, we will send it at night!"

all joking aside - it is interesting how  NASA will shield this probe from the  heat.

On 3/22/2018 10:39 AM, Mark Johnston wrote:

The NASA Parker Probe is launching this summer to study the solar corona.  It will set records for both the fastest and the hottest probe ever launched from Earth: up to 430,000 mph and passing through 3 million degree areas of the corona in its 7 year mission.

Until April 27 NASA is accepting names to be added in the probe.  So if you want your name included on the mission, go to

go.nasa.gov/hotticket <http://go.nasa.gov/hotticket>