[pasmembers] Mike's fireworks part in Carefree

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:35:51 -0700

Good afternoon PAS Members,

i wish to thank everyone who participated in last weekends luscious
potluck. It turned out great, there was enough food for all and everyone
seemed pleased.

let's have a repeat of that tomorrow at Mike's. Bring a main dish, or a
side dish.
Bring a drink to share, a 6 pack of something non alcoholic.

*Do not bring fireworks*, unless you are paying the $2500 fine for setting
them off at Mike's house. : )

Now, let's discuss the idea of having something cold to enjoy during the
fireworks.

What i had in mind was in perfect potluck... have anyone who wants to
contribute, bring a frozen treat. And don't bring a lot, but rather have a
bunch of people bring a few. Maybe one small box of Popsicles, and another
small box of ice cream cones, and another small box of icees, what ever you
want to bring, but let's sign up in perfect potluck to do it, look to see
what is already coming, add your items and the count... how many of them
are you bringing. I don't want this to fall on one person to bring it all.
Bring a small amount, maybe 6 of something. Or a small box.

So, i am going over to Perfect Potluck right now to edit the frozen snack
department of that page, and you can sign up with what ever you are
bringing as a treat to be eaten during the fireworks.

Also, if you have a chair that is comfortable and you want to bring it,
bring your own chair for outdoors. Otherwise, Mike will probably have
plenty to share.

Some of us are planning to do photography of the fireworks. Please be
considerate of those people aiming at the fireworks and stay out of the
photos, please.

The fireworks, according to Mike, will begin about 9pm.
So, if you are not attending the potluck, be AT Mike's and through the
front of the driveway by 8:30 so the dust can settle, and we can walk out
to view the fireworks without vehicles driving by. And if you plan to eat
dinner, bring dinner to share. And if you plan to eat Popsicles during the
fireworks, and you didn't bring dinner, bring popsicles...

This is supposed to be a star party as well, but based on what i see for
the forecast, we will probably most likely do the fireworks and then a
movie after. So, if you have a movie you wish to share, bring it along.
Remember, if you want to take your movie home with you, when you leave,
check the time before you put it in the DVD player, to make sure you are
staying late enough to take your movie with you. The next Lecture, isn't
that far away if you need to leave your movie behind and pick it up next
time you go to Mike's.

Alex, you had a movie i was interested in, last time, and you left earlier
than the movie. If starting the movie about 9:45 or 10pm isn't too late for
you, bring it again this time. If it is too late, I'll catch it with you
another time we are at Mike's. Thanks.

We will see you at Mike's.
We are not bringing our telescopes.
This is due to packing for our trip in the larger car.
If anyone IS bringing their telescope, please let the group know so that we
know not to park in the observing area.
If no one says they are bringing a scope, feel free to park in the
observing area, and if you are leaving earlier than someone else, please
park out front. We like the people who are going to stay late, to park in
the observing area when there isn't a star party.

Also, remember, this is open to the public. I do not have any RSVP's yet
for this event, from the public, but Mike may.

See you there!
For those not attending tomorrow, have a super weekend!

Here's the calendar link to RSVP your attendance, if you haven't already
done so.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1373&day=2014-7-3

And here is the link to RSVP your main dish, or side dish, and drink.
Please bring some kind of drink to share. A case of water is great, or 6
pack of something non alcoholic, or a 2 liter bottle to help hydrate
everyone in this extreme heat.
*perfectpotluck.com <http://perfectpotluck.com> and the password
is Fireworks*

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS