[pasmembers] Messier Marathon Mar 16

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:20:06 -0800 (PST)

PAS Members,

I'm setting up the Messier Marathon session we have planned
for Mike's home on Mar 16. The last time we did an event like this, I wanted to
make it a private event for PAS Members only and some members felt we should
make it into a public event, so that those PAS Members who want to do the
Marathon can, and those who just want to do a Public Star Party at Mike's, can
do that. So, the question is, which do we want to do on Mar 16.

Now before you answer, please let me tell you about Mar 9.
Mar 9 we are doing a Private, PAS Members only event,
in which some of us will be doing the Messier Marathon
and others would like to do and be involved in the
Night Sky Training Session. I know that many of you will
go to Antenna's for the Messier Marathon, so this is more for
those of us who don't want to drive to Antenna's for the event,
but still want to compete, as best as we can, at Mike's house.

Knowing this info about Mar 9, what should we do about Mar 16? Public event or
totally Private? And if we do a combo event,
We have to designate where the scopes can set up who are
doing the serious viewing for the Marathon, as compared
to those of us there for the public event. We don't need the public
asking 100 times "can i look through your scope?" And of course,
I would probably make an announcement that the scopes
at the far back of Mike's observing area are doing the Messier
Marathon and that part of the event is not for the public, or
something like that.
The night of Mar 9 is definitely the darker night.
Mar 16 has a sliver moon visible.

Your input is requested.
Please have a super day!
I will post what i have so far on the Mar 16 date on the
calendar as a place holder and then make changes
to it after reading your responses. Thanks to all
who give me input. Mostly, I want to know what YOU
want to do on Mar 16.

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook Page
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor