[pasmembers] Re: From THE STAR BARN

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 22:02:25 -0700

Who is this and where is it.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Open to PAS Members only

I was actually thinking of waiting to send out this months message until a
week before the actual show dates as several folks told me that they had
completely forgot about the presentation by the time it rolled around last
month. Since the show info is listed in a couple of newsletters I really
need to get it out at the beginning of the month. I will however send out
a reminder email a week before the actual show dates just in case someone
wants to come but has deleted the original posting, hopefully by accident.
I'm going for the memorial day weekend so I expect everyone to be out of
town but for those hardy souls that can withstand another hour of my
ramblings I will offer, "Deep Impacts" on the Earth or as the old folk song
goes, "Where have all the craters gone, long time passing, eroded away
every one, so long ago......" (There might even be a special guest lecturer
in the mix.)

What's hitting us now, what could hurt us, and will it come from deap
space or a Russian supply ship that didn't work quite right.

As usual, if you no longer wish to receive these postings, just type
"remove" in the subject line and send it to: thestarbarn@xxxxxxxxx Use
the same email to RSVP for show time and number of seats requested.

Show times are Sunday the 24th at 1pm and Monday, Memorial day at 1, 3,
and 5 pm.

If you read along this far be sure to go out tonight a view the Eta
Aquarid meteor shower. Just look to Aquarius after midnight and see
about 30 per hour hitting the atmosphere at 44 miles per second. What and
where is Aquarius you might ask. Well it's the water bearer and you need
to come to more shows if you don't know where it is.

Thestarbarn@xxxxxxxxx

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
Coordinator
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page