[pasmembers] BMC in April

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:42:09 -0700

Currently, PAS Members,
we do not have a BMC in April due to the Moon being the wrong size during
the usual Thursday dates, and other activities on Thursdays.

Loretta and Bob were wanting to know if we want to do a BMC star party in
April and when? Bob noted that in May, the May 29 date is after classes
have ended and so it will be mostly the public attending, and not students
of PVCC.

Here are the possible dates. Let me know if you want me to schedule one.

We have to avoid Thursday, as they are a mess for April, either with an
event or a bad moon date.
We avoid Fridays' because PVCC campus has no security on duty that night,
and so they don't want us there, then.

That leaves Monday, Tues and Wed. Remember, I can not do Monday at all,
Tuesday is every other week and Wed is every other week. So, here are the
dates to consider, based on the Moon Phase.

Bold dates are preferred for Moon Phase.

*Apr 1 Tuesday*
*Apr 2 Wed*

Apr 7 Monday, that's 1st Quarter Moon.

Can't do Apr 8 through 17 as too much Moon is in the sky.

*Apr 21* Monday has no moon, it is ok to do that day.

*Apr 22* Tuesday is 3rd Quarter, it is also open on our calendar.

*Apr 28 *Monday is New moon
*Apr 29* Tuesday
and *Apr 30* Wednesday.

That's it for April. And i do have some events being planned, but i don't'
recall their dates, and I haven't gotten a booking doc, so consider all
above dates open for BMC.

Have a super day.
If we decide on a BMC date for April, and we do this before we post the
Newsletter to the site this weekend, we can include it in the newsletter.

Visit the P.A.S.
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety>Page &
My Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/people/Terri-Finch/1021922600> Page
Visit my Music Page:  <http://betterfly.com/pro/musicbyterri>Private Music