[panels] controller set-up

  • From: Dan Valente <valente@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: panels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:21:35 -0400

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the controller set-up.

I have had the PCBs assembled and am now prepared to make the final connections to get the controller running.

It looks to be as easy as using a 10-pin ribbon to connect J2_1 to J9 and J7_1 to J19? Of course, it looks like the cable needs to get slightly twisted to match up pin 1 to pin 1. Other than this and the power switch, are there any additional connections to be made within the box (that is, after everthing has been programmed)?

I've accounted for the functions of just about everything on the board except for J3, J4, J25, J26. what are these for? I also assume that J11-J18 are optional outs, so can be left empty.

Do I have things correct?

thanks,

Dan Valente, Ph.D.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory