[pandngdc] Mins 26-02-09

  • From: Pete Carpenter <halovex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pandngdc <pandngdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:35:20 +1030

Update from the last meeting.  Thur 26th Feb 2009

Attended: Brock, Mashman, Smiddy, Pockets, Enetheru, Halovex, Hnatowytch
Later arrivals: JSharp, Misha, PMcBrearty.

After settling and retrieving brewskis from the bar it was down to 'business'
even though it wasn't wednesday. So no special socks were there.

HEALTH BARS
We had a look at the testube health bars that are currently horizontal in the
'classic' position at the top of the screen.
Halovex/Enetheru/Mashman discussed moving them to a vertical position at the
edges of the screen and possibly replacing the testubes with sake/rum bottles.
Halovex/Enetheru discussed ways of animating the vertical testubes, bubbles,
surface movement, mashman suggested the tubes cracking as the liguid
disappeared
from them.

TIMERS
Enetheru mentioned that he is working on a font to be used for timers, names,
menu screen etc.

BACKGROUNDS
Apart from Smiddys Paint GENIUS, we have none, we need some.

MUSIC/SOUNDS
Music and sound is in Ogg format, Mashman/Halovex are keen to produce some
musical score.  High tempo kick ass would be pleasant.

AOB
Enetheru demonstrated the move from 12fps to 16fps in the character animations
Enetheru mentioned that we need to make/prettify the 'START' 'Player One Wins'
'Player Two Wins' screens.  Also discussed having no draws,
there must always be a loser, possibly accompanied by "What a pair of pussies!
There must be a winner!"

-Command line arguments for loading
-Halovex and Mashman will collaborate on Art/Research

FOR NEXT MEET
Mashman   - Art, Blendering
Pockets   - Getting Drunk(er)
Brock     - Making it go on MAC
JSharp    - Drinkering
Smiddy    - Coding, Codding and Codeine
McBrearty - Story/Plot Concept, Art
Hnatowych - Moral support, Sex
Misha     - Attack/Moves research/Development

Possible bonuses/Easter eggs - Unlocking Jazz Folk Electro Funk/Acoustic Sex
songs at the end of levels/hitting points targets

Get the most out of your life online! Click here for the latest news and tips.
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/