[PA28235] Re: 1964 235 Fuel Selector rebuild - any suggestions

  • From: "Ron Brown" <235cherokee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 20:24:08 -0800

Jeremy,

All the selectors use "ball bearings" but as check valves, not O-rings.

Some check valves can't be rebuilt, because they used a special rubber seal,
that is no longer available. The later checkvalves have a teflon seal, that can
be resurfaced, or replaced, as I understand it.

Many owners  can replace the O-rings, and rebuild the valve, and clean the
check valves, under supervision of an A&P.

There is no O-ring kit, and no check valve kit available, to do and easy
rebuild. There is not even a parts call-out available. There are different
models of the selector, installed on 235's. The O-ring sizes are different from
model to model.

-Ron Brown