[p900] ta-da!!! I just switched to Apple...

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:12:44 +0200

Yes, I think I won't work anymore with P900 & Linux.

I just switched to Apple - I have a gorgeous Powerbook 17" with 1Gb
RAM (other details on Apple site) roaring Apple Mac OS/X
"Tiger" (GROWWWL!!!), and the Sony Ericsson P900 synchronization
comes from the featured iSync (bundled with OS/X). And it just works!!!

Anyways, I just drafted a simple page about iSync, Bluetooth and GPRS
modem:
http://www.alfonsomartone.itb.it/nadgrs.html

In the next weeks I'll try to work on "P900 SDK for Linux" to get it
running on Mac but don't rely on a quick release because I'll be very
busy at least up to end of August.

Anyways, Mac OS/X is Unix-based (the Darwin 8.0 kernel is just
another FreeBSD open "clone"), has a bundled X11-compatibility
package, and there are other solid efforts to compile other Linux/
Gnome/KDE stuff on it (http://fink.sf.net)
--
alf