[overture] Re: recompilation error

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:21:19 -0700

Hi Chuanxi,
I am not sure what the problem is. If you have upgraded your system you may need recompile A++ and Overture too. The undefined symbols are in the A++ library but
I don't think you need to link to A++ when you are building libCgCommon.so

...Bill

Chuanxi Wang wrote:
Hi Bill,

I tried to recompile cg solvers while the following problem occurred.

During the final stage of combining obj file, "Undefined symbol" error showed up. Some of the referring functions are: "sum(intArray const&)", "operator-(double, doubleArray const&)", "operator||(intArray const&, intArray const&)", etc.

The command for combining obj files is "/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.3 -o /Users/chuanxi/Overture/cg.v23/common/lib/libCgCommon.so -dynamiclib -single_module -Wl-bind_at_load -L/Users/chuanxi/Overture/Overture.v23/lib ......", followed by .o files.

Do you know what is wrong with the compilation? I did not touch any fold of Overture since I have installed the software. Thank you so much.

Best,
Chuanxi

--
Chuanxi Wang