[overture] Re: parallel overture and openmpi

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:41:35 -0700

Ale:
   You should probably first check that your mpi is installed properly by
running
some simple mpi programs. I then suggest you try the primer/pppWave.C program
that just uses P++ and no Overture, and then the primer/pWave.C which uses
Overture.

...Bill

On 03/29/2012 11:53 AM, Ale wrote:
Hi Bill,

actually I used mpirun -np 2 ... and the

P++... Number_Of_Processors           = 1
is printed out 2 times, if i set -np 20 i see 20 times the same message.

I thought this was a problem, this means something is wrong with mpi?

It's the very first time for me I use mpi, that was installed by the
administrator...

Thanks again and sorry for bothering you

Cheers,

Ale