[overture] how to properly convert an hyperbolic mapping to a nurbsMapping

  • From: Joel Guerrero <joegi.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:31:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to convert an hyperbolic mapping to a nurbsMapping.  First, I'm
generating an airfoil by using the spline mapping, then I'm generating an
hyperbolic mapping, and in order to use this mapping in parallel, I have to
convert it to a nurbsMapping (according to a previous discussion).  And here is
where I'm having problems, I have been playing around with a lot of options but
basically I haven't been able to fix the resulting mapping.  The resulting
mapping is extremely twisted close to the trailing edge (negative volumes and
skew cells), any suggestion how can I fix this problem or how to generate an
airfoil ready to use in parallel??

King regards,

Joel