[overture] Re: gfortran and using -O3

  • From: "Kyle K. Chand" <chand1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:22:21 -0800

Hi Caroline,

You can try
make FC_FLAGS_OPT=-O2 compile=opt
when building CG.

Regards,
Kyle

mailto: chand1@xxxxxxxx
phoneto: (925) 422 7740

On Jan 18, 2012, at 7:22 AM, Caroline Yates wrote:

Can anyone advise how to change the gfortran flag –O3 to use –O2. I can’t seem to locate where this option is being set. We are running into segmentation faults using gfortran v4.4.6 while trying to build CG v24. On an individual .f file compilation we are getting better results compiling with –O2.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks!
Kind regards,
Caroline

  Caroline Yates
  Unix Contractor
  Schlumberger Cambridge Research
  High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0EL
  Tel:   +44 1223 325246
  Mob: +44 7971 226334

Registered Name: Schlumberger Cambridge Research Limited
Registered Office: Victory House, Churchill Court, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9LU
Registered in England and Wales No. 606177