[overture] Re: explicit interpolation

  • From: "Kyle K. Chand" <chand1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:34:45 -0700

Hi Jon,

When you build the coarse grid that does not work in parallel, do you
see messages about the interpolation being changed (like "backup interpolation"
points being used)?  If you do not have sufficient overlap on the coarse
grid the overlapping grid generator tries very hard to find alternatives. I am not sure, but it may try something like implicit interpolation if there is insufficient overlap for explicit.

Do you have an example you can send so I can try it out?

Thanks,
Kyle

mailto: chand1@xxxxxxxx
phoneto: (925) 422 7740

On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:42 PM, Jon Tegner wrote:

Hi,

at some occasions I have created grids which works OK when running the case serial, but not parallel - complaining that explicit interpolation is needed. However, after refining the grids a bit it has been possible to run them with both the serial and the parallel solver (cgcns).

I do use the command "explicit for all grids" when generating the grids - I'm probably missing something here, but shouldn't that be enough?

Regards,

/jon