[overture] Re: deforming grid PDE solver

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:47:15 -0700

Hi Jacob,
   Thanks for the code segments. You have made some good progress, although
I do see some problems with what you are doing.

Recall:
   GOLDEN RULE 3 of programming -- "It always saves time in
the long run to have a simple test code".

Corollary of Golden Rule 3: you may hate this rule but unfortunately
it is really true.

   Unfortunately I have not created a simple deforming grid
PDE solver code. I think that the first step is for us to create
such a code. I think the easiest way to do this is to merge
deform.C and move2.C so that we solve an advection diffusion
equation with twilight-zone on a deforming grid. Perhaps you
want to make a first attempt at doing this? Otherwise I can
try to put something together but I'm not sure when I can get
to it.

...Bill