[overture] Re: The boundary condition for the moving circle in the fluid flow

  • From: Kyle Hord <kmhord01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:50:40 -0400

Justin,

The proper boundary condition for a moving cylinder would be a no-slip
condition. The math is nearly identical for a moving cylinder as if it was
stationary, just preformed in a moving reference frame. There are one or
two publications on Overture describing how the Navier-Stokes equations are
transformed to be used with moving grids.

You would only use a slip condition if the surface should not develop a
boundary layer on it. In your case, a cell in a channel, you require a
no-slip condition on the cylinder.

Kyle