[overture] Re: Regarding introducing new variables

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: vinu <vinuvargheseijk@xxxxxxxxx>, freelists <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 12:54:03 -0800

Hi Vinu,
 If you run with gdb you can see where the error occurs. In this case
you will need to add your new variables to the dbase -- see the constructor
for the AsfParameters or Parameters class.

I also would like to know where gridfunction u(I1,I2,I3,numberOfComponents) defined..

Most grid functions are defined in the setupGridFunctions member function,
you will need to look at the base class version and the derived class version.
You can find this function using "grep".

Regards,
 Bill

vinu wrote:
Dear sir,

I added some components as follows in setParameter function;

dbase.get<int>("ptherm")=dbase.get<int>("numberOfComponents")++;
dbase.get<int >("numberOfComponents")+= 1;
dbase.get<int>("Xf")=dbase.get<int>("numberOfComponents")++;
dbase.get<int>("Yf")=dbase.get<int>("numberOfComponents")++;

and i got the error

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DBase::DBErr'
   what():  std::exception
Abort
   What might be the reason?.

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, Bill Henshaw wrote:

Hi Vinu,
 The components are defined in the setParameters function of AsfParameters.C

...Bill

vinu wrote:
Dear sir,

In the asf solver where are the grid functions 'u' declared?.(u(I1,I2,I3,rc),u(I1,I2,I3,uc) etc).If i want to append a function u(I1,I2,I3,ptherm) where do i add?.Your help in this matter will be very helpful to me.

Thank you

.