[overture] Installation Resolved

  • From: Mohammad Abouali <maboualiedu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:25:04 -0800

Dear All,

Thank you all for sending me an e-mail and offering to help. It is
much appreciated. My problem was mostly with the prerequisite
packages, prior to even starting to compile the Overture. Apparently
when you do a fresh install of Ubuntu, there are many missing
packages, that needs to be installed before you are able to install
the Overture prerequisites and Overture itself. Well, gradually I
collected all those packages and installed them (mostly by only using
apt-get).

Overture and CG are both installed now, and ./check.p says that all 4
tests are passed. So, I assume it must be resolved by now. I try to
compile a list of packages that were needed and share it somewhere.
So, the next Overture Newbie (like me) would be able to set up
hers/his system properly before getting to Overture installation.

Once again, thank you all for offering your helps.

regards,

Mohammad

--
Ph.D Candidate
Computational Science Research Center
San Diego State University (SDSU)
Joint With Claremont Graduate University (CGU)
4592 68th St.,
La Mesa, CA 91942
Cell Phone: (619) 550-6674
http://mabouali.wordpress.com
De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unrightfully, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.