[overture] ABCs for sm

  • From: Stefan Nilsson <nilsson_stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 04:54:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

I've been playing around with the Sm solver for a while, and now I have a
couple of questions:

Is there any working non-reflecting boundary condition implemented that works
well for the elastodynamic equations. I tried the pmlABC option but that made
the code abort with an STOP 22555 message. I also tried the abcEM2 which worked
but if that really is the Engquist-Majda condition it wouldn't be optimal for
the Sm application, would it? Is there any other option?

Running the SOS solver, there is a dissipation parameter (default value 0.0),
how does that work with a non-zero value?

/Stefan