[OMB] Invitation to all Virginia Homebrew Clubs - 8th Annual Virginia Beer Blitz

  • From: Wild Child <wildchild75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 07:51:26 -0500

Hello OMB,
Is anyone planning on visiting the Hamptons?

From: *Steven Davis* <mandor99@xxxxxxx>

Fellow Homebrew Clubs from Virginia,

* Please pass this info along to your Club members and potential Beer Blitz
entrants & judges/stewards.*

My name is Steven Davis and I am the Vice President of Colonial AleSmiths &
Keggers (CASK) in Williamsburg and organizer of the 8th Annual Virginia
Beer Blitz homebrew competition.  Several of you already know me from when
I have come to judge at local competitions or the AHA National Conventions,
and I hope to make the acquaintance of the rest of you very soon.

The Beer Blitz will be conducted this year on Saturday, December 13th at
9:00am at the St. George Brewing Company in Hampton, VA.  Info can be found
on the website at http://www.colonialalesmiths.org/BeerBlitz/ .  This is a
fully BJCP/AHA sponsored competition open to all 28 categories (including
Mead & Cider).  We are really hoping to receive a lot of support from ALL
of the Virginia Clubs this year, and are looking forward to bolstering the
great relationships between our Clubs that the Dominion Cup and Beer Blitz
have already established.  With CASK, HRB&TS, Seven Cities, JRHB, CAMRA,
FBI, Shenandoah Valley and FABTS already actively participating in this
“healthy” intrastate rivalry, I now invite the rest of the Virginia Clubs
to join in as well.

Last year this event pulled in over 500 entries and we are expecting that
many again this year.  Online registration for both signing up to judge and
steward as well as registering your entries is being utilized again this
year and opened on October 27th and closes on November 29th.  We also have
an online payment option for entries as well.  In addition, we will again
be awarding the "Blitzkrieg Award” this year which will be awarded to
the *HOMEBREW
CLUB* which accumulates the most points during the Beer Blitz.  The
Homebrew Club accumulating the most points throughout the competition (see
website for details) will be declared the winner and will receive a very
special prize (minimum $350 value) for their Club to enjoy (in addition to
claiming bragging rights for the next year).

As you are all aware, we will be in desperate need of a HUGE number of
judges and stewards to pull this event off.  We are hoping all Virginia
Clubs will be able to step up and help provide these for us.  Last year we
had a large number of novice judges which were able to be paired with
experienced BJCP judges to staff all the tables.  This worked out GREAT,
and we plan of doing it again this year, so please let your Club members
know that ALL judges and stewards will be welcomed, REGARDLESS OF PREVIOUS
EXPERIENCE.  I am aware that several of your Clubs have recently conducted
BJCP courses and/or exams, so this is a perfect opportunity for those new
(or prospective) judges to get some experience points at a relatively close
by and convenient competition.

I look forward to seeing each of you at this event.  Please forward this
e-mail to all of your Club members and feel free to contact me with any
questions or comments you may have.  Thanks and Cheers.

Steven Davis
CASK Vice President and Beer Blitz Competition Organizer