[ourplace] Re: To the People Who React to My Disability With 'I'm Sorry'

  • From: "Rosemarie" <rosemariec9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 15:34:31 -0700

Hi, Eric,

I know what you mean about Susan. In general, she had a very negative
attitude.

Rosemarie

From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <rosemariec9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:
Sorry'
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:46:19 -0700

Hello, Vivian,

I too consider my blindness an inconvenience rather than a handicap. I used
to have a pen pal who wanted everybody to take care of her because she was
blind. She always thought she was handicapped but I used to tell her "you're
only as handicapped as you want to be". I ended up letting her go because of
her "feel sorry for me" attitude. I don't know if you've heard of her or
not. Her name was Susan Muenchow.

Rosie