[ourplace] Re: Move to Prescott

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:02:28 -0800

Oh, my goodness, vickie. You've really gone through it, and you've still more to go. Yikes! Wish you could get to a hot tub and soak out all the aches. Will pray for you, for sure.

Karen

on 08:47 PM 2/23/2017, Vickie said:

I haven’t been on much because we moved. Here’s the story.

Ma
Well, last week we called several parks in and around Chino Valley, where our house
will be built, some day. Now they say probably mid-April. It would be around 100
degrees in the valley by that time, so we looked for a place to move to closer.
Most places are already full or won’t have openings for a while to come. One place
in Chino Valley wanted $400 for rent, plus $175 for a deposit, and another $40 per
adult for credit and background check. Since we want our credit to be good when
the loan goes through, we didn’t want anyone checking our credit report. So, they
only had one spot available anyway. So, we called around and found this place.
It has a WalMart, Subway, Denny's, Pizza Hutt, Burger King, Big lots, and probably
some I’m forgetting with other restaurants and other shops about 1/4 mile away.
We came up here Thursday and signed the lease and picked our spot. They told us they
had sheds on the lots. The only lot with a shed, had no floor in the shed, the doors
to it were broken and you couldn’t secure it and it had one of those tool boxes that
sit across the bed of a pick up truck, inside it. So, we had to get a storage area.
So, we went to one that was close to where our house will be in Chino Valley and
paid for the only storage area they had, a 10 by 20 foot space. We emptied the truck
into it and returned back to Tonopah. It rained all weekend, so we waited till Tuesday
to actually move the trailer and the rest of our belongings from our shed. We prayed
real hard because at first the slides didn’t want to come in. But finally, they
cooperated and we proceeded to hook up the truck. Then Duane discovered we had a
flat tire. We called a friend who owns a towing business and he called his friend,
who came and pumped the tire and told us where his business was to go to, to fix
it. It had a nail in it on the inside, near another spot that had a patch from another
nail. So, they also tightened all four tires, since the one that was flat, the lugnuts
were loose. We finally left about 11 a.m. and climbed the big mountain which is
5 miles straight up, with lots of curves 25 miles per hour turns. Duane took it
nice and slow, and we got up it pretty easily. Then we stopped for lunch at a little
gas station store, and ventured on. We arrived at about 3 p.m. and set up. There’s
all kinds of roots, and gas pipes sticking out on the lot and the electric, cable,
are on the next lot. The dish guys had to put our dish three doors down because
we are surrounded by trees. Dish and cable came yesterday, and now we finally have
high speed internet. Yay! So, we took today to rest and change our address everywhere.
My hips are killing me and Duane’s back, knees, hands, and shoulders are in a lot
of pain. And now it’s so cold. It’s 9:38 p.m. and the indoor outdoor thermometer
alarm went off saying it was 31.9 degrees already. It’s suppose to rain again Monday.
Sure can’t wait till the house is ready. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Vickie Rolison
May God bless you now, and everm