[ourplace] Monday Morning Nuggets for September 21, 2015

  • From: "Walt Kramer" <userlists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 00:31:05 -0500

Of the five nuggets I've got for you this week, it seems the first three got
by me when they were released. While not necessarily huge hits if hits at
all, they're most definitely worthy of nugget status. The usual rules apply.
First, the Dropbox link; then, the track list.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3177119/Nuggets21.zip

01 SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES whole lot of shakin' in my heart (since i
met you)

I first heard this on Richbro Radio a week or two ago. I have no idea when
it came out.

02 Jay And The Americans.....Come Dance With Me

This one is touted as having been released in 63. By then, Jay Trainer had
left the group and been replaced by Jay Black.

03 FOUR SEASONS, never on sunday

Until I came across this one, I knew of only the instrumental version by Don
Costa, and a vocal by the Chordettes. Obviously, the Four Seasons took a run
at it too.

04 Glen Campbell - Universal Soldier

It's now been 50 years since this one charted in the fall of 65. Donovan
released a version of it too, but I happen to like this one more.

05 Leroy Anderson, Sandpaper Ballet

This is a rather typical Leroy Anderson tune, which you certainly don't hear
that much.

Since Wednesday is the first day of the new season, I want to wish a happy
autumn to those in the northern hemmosphere, and a good spring to those in
the southern.

Enjoy your Monday, and have a good week.