[ourocmr] Re: Victorville Hotel Booking

  • From: Buehrle <buehrle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourocmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 18:51:05 -0700

MIKE:
Enough of this impertinent information.
How long does a HAND CAR or _*SPEEDER*_ take
to get up and down the hill?
Harry
    PS:  Thanks for supporting this show.

On 9/1/2021 5:48 PM, Michael Allee (rmallee) wrote:

Here is some information that may be of some help. The closest two motel/hotels are Green River & Days Inn. Both t a couple of blocks away from fair grounds, Motel Six is north of town about two miles. There a a few other hotels near Hilton Gardens. There are several hotels in Hesperia bu that’s about fifteen minutes from the fair grounds. A Red Roof just changed it’s name to Mariposa

Food many of the chain restaurants are along the freeway off of Bear Valley Rd on the frontage road.

Traveling I-15: Friday afternoon will be a long drive with all of the Las Vegas traffic, possibly three hours. If you plan on setting up morning shouldn’t be bad. Saturday morning should not be a problem. For some reason traffic backs up late afternoon Saturday. Sunday morning should not be a problem up the Cajon. Sunday night plan on a three plus hour drive home. After about seven or eight it opens up. So if you ate dinner up here and then drove home it might be easier. Don’t even think of making the locker.

To many people know the back ways and no time will be saved. In fact it may take you a lot longer than just staying on I-15. After 138, halfway up/down the Cajon, traffic lightens up a little. Your best lane is the outside most of the time except when you’re approaching 138.

If you care to drive along the tracks, regardless of the time, i can give you that information at the show. I will not be in attendance Saturday until late afternoon if at all.

Mike

On Aug 30, 2021, at 10:59 AM, joe parrino <j_parrino@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:j_parrino@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

What days do we book the Hilton? Thursday-Monday, Friday-Sunday, Thursday-Sunday????