[otb] A beginning, an end. OTB Update

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:47:04 -0500

Dear friends and family in the Lord:

What a whirlwind the last weeks have been.  I have not been trying to keep
anyone in the dark, but I have had a lot happen, some planned, and some known
only to God.

On October 24, my mother, Lona Ruth Loy, went home to be with Jesus.  Many of
you have been praying for her as heart disease and Diabetes have been taking
her life slowly for about five years.  At that time, they gave her around a
year to live. These extra years have given us all (her seven children) a wake
up call to take every chance to see her and tell her what she needed to hear
from us.  I will miss her, but she is safe and healthy in the arms of Jesus.
He keeps reminding me of limitations she no longer has, that we live with
daily.  He reminds to keep my eyes fixed on Him, the author and finisher of my
faith, as well as hers.  Hers is finished; mine He is still working on.

I went to South Dakota with my brother.  The boys couldn?t leave school and
Vic stayed in Kentucky to hold down the fort.  We were booked in Michigan for
Halloween Day and needed to make sure one of us was set to go.  It was a
blessed time with all my siblings and many other family members coming to say
goodbye and be with Dad.  Mom would have loved the whole thing.  She was
probably pretty busy with other things, but we had a lot of fun remembering
her and what it was like growing up ?Loy?.

I made it back in time to hear my boys sing with their HS choir and get packed
and go to Michigan.  It was a good night there, and travel was fine.  We were
able to see friends, one of which helped me make a costume for Tim. He wanted
to be Friar Tuck and Vicki did a marvelous job on it.  Thank you!

When I got home, I spent a couple days painting the flats and doing other
preparations for the Fall Festival at Oakdale where the kids go to school and
where I work part time.  At home I was helping get costumes together for the
kids.  Vic had already done most of that while I was gone to SD.  He was also
busy booking our Christmas tour in NJ.  We will send you more on that later.
It sounds really fun.  After the running of the gauntlet, many games of skill
and daring, Evan was knighted in the Festival.  Tim and Nate were valiant
participants with many screaming fans, or should I say ?fair maidens?.  Evan
was dressed as one of the Arabian Knights who captured Matahari and held her
for the ransom of her tales of the Arabian Knights.  Nate was Little John to
Tim?s Friar Tuck.  What a wonderful night.  Vic was a jester and the MC.  He
and Evan did a really exciting fire juggling demonstration for the King and
Queen, and Tim sang them the ballad of ?The Barefooted Friar? from Ivanhoe.
We all ate a feast with no plates or cutlery which was an experience to be
sure.  No one had more fun than Timothy.

He turned eighteen Saturday.  Can you believe it?  My life is flying by.  It
was only yesterday that he couldn?t go farther than the end of the sidewalk.
But that was another e-mail?. Another chapter in his life is beginning.

Thank you for your prayers for my family, and for Vic and the boys while I was
away.  I felt them, and they helped me more than you know.  God bless,    Linda

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.