[otb] 9-20-05 OTB Update: One or a Hundred

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:41:05 -0400

One or a Hundred                                        September 20, 2005

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:

        This was a weekend of privileges.   We were given the opportunity to do
Sunday morning church for ?Born to Be Wild Weekend?, a gathering of Harley
Bikers in Elkton, MI.  The church that was sponsoring saw about 30 visitors
and they were very excited about that.   We had a good time making new
acquaintances and rekindling lots of old ones.  We had hoped for more response
to the invitation, but I learned a long time ago that you do what God tells
you to, and he will bring the increase.  It?s His Holy Spirit that does the
real work anyway.

        Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct,
rebuke
and     encourage?with great patience and careful instruction.   2 Timothy 4:2

        It didn?t feel like we were prepared for what happened the first night
and
into the first morning of our trip.  We had stopped to see a dear friend that
we only get to see a few times a year.  The usual ?catching up? conversation
had begun when we arrived at about 10:00 p.m. and we were all having an
enjoyable time.  As time went by it was obvious that the conversation was
leading somewhere.  We were delving into some serious areas of need in our
friend?s life that had not been resolved in the past.  Just being a Christian
and even in ministry in various areas had not changed that fact.  Even though
we had just traveled for about ten hours, God had given us ?supernatural
caffeine? because we were both alert to the needs that were unfolding before
us.   We talked for several hours, then prayed for a couple more.  I?m sure
there is more that will need to be worked through, but the first steps have
been taken to that end.

        Although it is a great joy to see hundreds of people come to know
Christ for
the first time as their Savior, knowing that a dear friend has turned down the
right path in a relationship with Jesus was even more exciting for us.  You?ve
heard it said ?You can count the seeds in an apple, but no one but God knows
how many apples are in a seed.?  In this case, however, I have a pretty good
idea it is tons.

        Thanks to Thad and Abby for loaning us their car.  You made the trip
do-able.
 :-)
Thanks to the sponsors of ?Born to Be Wild?, Elkton Missionary Church Outreach
Center, for letting us be involved.  Thanks to Ben and Kim for keeping us in
your home.   It was fun.   And thanks to you, our faithful supporters, for
your prayers, your calls, and your thoughts.  Keep ?em coming!

        Some prayer points:

?       A new vehicle-the Chevy van is worn out and very expensive to run.  Our
ideal would be a diesel engine vehicle big enough for all of us
?       Our boys as they try to juggle school, social life, and ministry
?       More ministry engagements      (If you need info on this e-mail me.
victor@xxxxxxxxxx)
?       That we would be prepared always for whatever ministry God gives us,
whether
one or a hundred
?       To sell our sound system so that we can afford to buy a smaller one

(If you need info on this e-mail me. victor@xxxxxxxxxx)

God bless you all, and we are grateful for your support.

Vic and Linda Schiro
Out of the Box Performance Arts

http://www.otbusa.org

If a friend e-mailed this update to you and you would like to get it for
yourself, go to http://www.otbusa.org and click on our update link.

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.