[otb] 12-13-2010 OTB Update - A Star, a star

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:40:13 -0500

December 13, 2010

There?s a song in the air.
There?s a star in the sky.
There?s a mother?s deep prayer,
And a baby?s low cry.
And the star rains  its fire while the beautiful sing.
For the manger of Bethlehem cradles a King.
                  Words: Josiah Holland, 1872. Music: Karl Harrington, 1904.

Merry Christmas, Friends!

There is some pretty saturating darkness out here in Central Nebraska.  It has
been really gorgeous the last couple nights.  With temperatures in the single
digits, you don?t stay out there to linger longer, but it?s so beautiful.  I
find myself humming this old hymn from my childhood every night.

What does the sky tell us about God?  It tells of His glory?and that it is not
changed by our circumstances and frustrations.  It tells of His
omnipresence?when we see Him and when we don?t.  It whispers of His
wonder?whether we take the time to wonder or not.  It proclaims His majesty?in
the thrones of heaven, if not in our halls of justice.

What do the heavens have to say about me?  ?You are small.?  I am looking in
wonder at a vastness that I do not effect.  ?You are like a speck of dust.?  I
gaze in awe at a throne-room like no other, and where I have never entered.
?You do not know.?  There is so much to discover.  They say there are between
10 sextillion and 1 septillion stars in the Universe.  ?But ?they? do not
know. God does.?  What do the heavens say to me?   ?You are small, speck-like,
and ignorant, but not insignificant.  You are the child of the Creator King,
who dwarfs all of this, knows all of it, and created all of it for you.  You
are His.?  I am now even more in awe.
This Christmas, may you feel the vastness of His love, and the awe of His
splendor in the package of a tiny baby.  Immanuel?God with us.

Merry Christmas Blessings,

Vic and Linda Schiro
PS:  If you are willing to brave the temperatures, there is an awesome meteor
shower today through Wednesday, for anyone who wants to wake up between
midnight and dawn...
PPS:  Why is it called "after dark" when it is really "after light"?

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.