[osaeconrod] Oregon SAE - October 16th Evening Tech Meeting Reminder

  • From: ross.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: osaeconrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:20:21 -0700

Oregon SAE - Evening Tech Meeting Reminder

What: Can We As Engineers Learn From Ferrari's Winning Ways in Formula
One?
When: Thursday October 16, 2008, 6:00pm - 8:30 pm
Where: Daimler Trucks North America (Freightliner) Corporate Conference
Center
              4555 N. Channel Ave, Portland OR.
Cost: $15 non-members with meal
          $12 Members with meal
          $8 Students with meal
RSVP: Jason Randall at: Jason.Randall@xxxxxxxxxxx by noon on Wednesday
October 15th

Can We As Engineers Learn From Ferrari's Winning Ways in Formula One?

Remarks are based on a recent "narrow aisle" tour of the Ferrari F-1
operation in Maranello,
Italy. The "clock speed" for major engineering innovation in F-1 is the
yearly design cycle. The
minor cycle is the time between races. In these cycles, design innovations
have to be
conceived, executed, and tested. These are much shorter cycles than we're
used to in the
development of automobiles but ones that are now possible with computer
modeling,
manufacturing, and the choice of the right kinds of testing regimens.

Speaker's Bio
David McLellan was appointed as the 2nd Corvette Chief Engineer in 1975
after the retirement
of Zora Arkus-Duntov. Dave would be indelibly linked with the Corvette for
the next 17 years
before his retirement in 1992.

His recent consultant activity includes: Intermap Technologies, Lockheed
Martin, Georgia Tech
Research Institute, Mosler Automotive, Stewart & Stevenson, TACOM, ERIM,
Rosen Motors,
Tel Tech, Bose, Intermag Technologies, Technologies M4 and Porsche
Engineering Services.
He is the author of a recent book, “Corvette from the Inside, the 50 Year
Development History”
which includes the 17 years during which he and his team made history.

Dave is a recipient of the SAE Edward N. Cole Award for Automotive
Engineering Innovation.
More info at
http://www.sae.org/globalsections/sections/localactivities/experts-mclellan.htm

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your
cooperation.