[ornl-run-walk] Fireball 5K

  • From: "Saulsbury, Bo" <saulsburyjw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ornl-run-walk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ornl-run-walk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:00:29 +0000

Hello everyone,

Once again, I've agreed to serve as the Race Director for the Knoxville Track
Club's Pilot Fireball Classic Moonlight 5K on July 3, 2015. The Fireball 5K is
a unique race that has something for almost everyone, including the Little
Firecracker Mile run for kids. Starting at 9:00 p.m. (the kids' run starts at
8:00 p.m.), the late evening event appeals to competitive racers, casual
runners, and those who just want to have a fun evening. Last year we had nearly
1,500 participants of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Post-race activities are
always filled with lots to drink and eat, and it's a great way to begin the
holiday weekend.

New course for 2015: Due to construction on the Cumberland Avenue project,
Neyland Drive is one of the main detour routes and cannot be closed to
accommodate the Fireball 5K. So, for 2015 (and likely 2016), Fireball will be
using a new course through the UT campus (but we'll still use the UT Veterinary
Clinic as our staging area). We're working on race logistics now and
information about the new course will be available soon.

Registration for the 2015 Fireball Classic 5K is now open at:
https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/Knoxville/PilotFireballMoonlight5k

Also, if you want to volunteer and run (or just volunteer), there are plenty of
positions available:
https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/TN/Knoxville/PilotFireballMoonlight5k

As with last year, a portion of the proceeds from this year's event will be
donated by the Knoxville Track Club to the Autism Society of East Tennessee
(http://www.asaetc.org/)

Please feel free to e-mail or call me (574-4694) with any questions. Thanks,
and I hope to see you at Fireball on July 3!

Bo Saulsbury
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Energy and Transportation Science Division
Bldg. NTRC-2, Room 118
2360 Cherahala Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37932
(865) 574-4694