[orgprints] Re: new adition

  • From: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anne-Kristin Løes <anne-kristin.loes@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:17:54 +0100

Anne-Kristin, I added the "Bioforsk Arable Crops Division" under "Bioforsk
Norwegian Institute ...".

In general, observe that the Research Affiliation tree is hierarchical. This
means that if an eprint is attached to an organisation under Norway in the
tree, it will be counted in the overviews of Norway, and it will also turn up
if you search for eprints from Norway. So you should only attach the eprint
ONCE (as you did) - whether that is to a Country directly, to an organisation
in that country, or to a project within that organisation.

More specifically related to Norway:
When I added the new Division, I spotted a critical problem. There are two
instances of "The Bioforsk Organic Food and Farming Division", which are
located two different places in the hierarchy - directly under Norway and under
"Bioforsk - Norwegian Institute for Agriculture and Environmental Research".
This means that the user will choose one of the two and that some projects and
papers will be found under one and some under another. The problem probably
arose due to some confusion of who was adding what between me and Helga.
Anyway, I will a little need help from you, Anne, to solve it. After making
some searches, there seems to be three eprints (7052 in public archive and 6110
+ 6922 in user workareas) attached to the instance of "Bioforsk Organic Food
and Farming Division" located under "Bioforsk - Norwegian Institute for
Agriculture and Environmental Research" while there are  no eprints attached to
the instance of "Bioforsk Organic Food and Farming Division" located directly
under Norway. So unless you object, Anne-Kristin, I will delete the latter.
Please let me know as soon as possible.
-Hugo