[orgprints] Re: CORE mapping of facilties

  • From: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:02:14 +0100

Dear Susanne
I think that it is good that you have a critical eye for what is reported. I
had a quick look at your list, and there may be some redundancies, see comments
in your text. Furthermore, as far as I recall the guidelines, the facilities
should be distinctive and of general interest. Offices, general labs, fields,
greenhouses do not qualify for this, I think. If the greenhouses are to be
included as a facility, for instance, I think the EFRC should provide a
description of their distinctive character and general interest (e.g. organic
prehistory or something like this).
Just a hasty comment,
Hugo

How is this different from Elm Farm above - are these two different facilites?

> EFRC  Field study
>       Various sites through UK
>       Network of active organic farmers working with EFRC on cereal
> production and breeding projects
> EFRC  Greenhouse

See comments at the top

> EFRC  Animal research facilities
>       Sheepdrove Organic Farm -
>       Innovative poultry production system used for research within
> production sheds and designated poultry research system.

How is this different from Sheepdrove Organic Farm above - are these two
different facilites?

> EFRC  Laboratory
>       Elm Farm. -
>       Basic laboratory for undertaking preparation for field trials.

See comments at the top

> EFRC  Others
>       Policy, socio-economic research. EFRC has facilities to
> undertake a range of policy and socio-economic research.

See comments at the top - what is the distinctive and general interest of this
facility

> EFRC  Others
>       Farm network.
> Bruce.p@xxxxxxxx
>       Farm network and groups.

How is this different from the Field study above - are these two different
facilites?