[orebird] OR eBird subspecies/regional list - Excel

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OReBird <orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:08:57 -0700

Ok, so I took the list that Dave proposed and put them in an Excel spreadsheet.
 The first page (tab at the bottom) is labeled WEST and the second is labeled
EAST.  One can click back and forth.  The only thing that differs is the list
of 18 counties.
**Since Dave Irons sent an old version of Microsoft Word (97-2003), I'm
assuming that he doesn't have the updated version.  Perhaps others don't
either.  I have saved it in both the old and new versions, but am only
uploading the old so that all may view it.
The only grammatical change that I made different from eBird is listing minima
asCackling Goose (minima or Ridgway's) instead of Cackling Goose (minima).  All
the other CACG subspecies have a common name.
I have added the owls to the list.  In theme with the thought that birds in the
Wallowas/Blues are associated with the Rocky Mts., the Northern Pygmy-Owl
(Rocky Mts.) would be different than Northern Pygmy-Owl (Pacific).
I didn't know what to do with Ruby-crowned Kinglet and couldn't find specific
names to put in parenthesis.
I didn't know what to do with Common Yellowthroat.  Are "Pacific" birds west of
the Cascades and "Western" birds in central/eastern OR?
I also have ???? next to Savannah Sparrow and Spotted Towhee.
I listed the Red Crossbill types that should occur in OR as well as the 2
Evening Grosbeak types here as well.
Russ