Re: windows database service not shutting down database on reboot

  • From: John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx, bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 05:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

Try Metalink Note:231495.1. Seems like winders never gets the chance to
actually shutdown oracle strange as that may seem. Applying this note makes the
test instance on my laptop running xp pro shutdown cleanly every time.

john

Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Paul,

I haven't tried increasing the timeout. Seems like the credentials
failure wouldn't be helped by that, but I may try it.

The service is running under local system. I think I'll change it to a
user that's in ora_dba.

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com