Re: v$sql.elapsed_time

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx, Markus.Zwettler@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:58:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys,
Craig Shallahamer described this in one of his blog posts.

http://shallahamer-orapub.blogspot.de/2014/08/what-is-oracle-elapsed-time-and-wall.html

"Elapsed Time (ET) is all DB Time related to a defined task.
…
The elapsed time for a SQL_ID can be found in v$sql. But be careful because
this elapsed time is related to "all" the SQL_ID executions. Thankfully,
there is an "executions" column in v$sql.
…
non idle wait time = elapsed time - cpu time"

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK